Stiofán Ó Fearail
Multi-award winning singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and presenter Stiofán Ó Fearail hails from County Roscommon in the west of Ireland.
He is a founding member and lead singer/guitar player for his band Seo Linn who have performed and headlined shows and festivals all over Europe, Australia, Africa and the U.S. Since founding in 2013, he, along with Seo Linn, has amassed thousands of followers and millions of views/listens across an array of platforms. The music Seo Linn plays is an energetic contemporary style of folk music that crosses boundaries and meshes the old and the new.
He is a fluent Irish speaker and ambassador for the Irish language with a great interest in the history and culture of Ireland. He studied the Irish language in university achieving first class honours in his degree.
Stiofán has appeared on and performed on national television and radio stations RTÉ, TG4, Today FM, RnaG, 2FM and many more. He has presented many shows in the Irish language on TG4 and won Réalta Óg na Bliana (Young Star of the Year) in 2016 for such.
- TG4 presenter and musical director on various shows 2015-2019.
- Réalta Óg na Bliana (Young Star of the Year) 2016.
- Wrote and performed official FAI song for the Irish National Team for the Euro 2016 championship.
- Wrote and performed the finale as part of the 1916-2016 RTÉ Centenary.
- Seachtain na Gaeilge ambassador 2016.
- Debut Album ‘Solas’ (2017) winner of ‘Album of the Year’ at the Gradaim Nós music awards.
- E.P. ‘Marcus in the Wood/Marcas sa gCoill’ released in 2019.
- Second album (untitled) set for release in early 2022.
- Performed in Croke Park, 3Arena, the Aviva Stadium and the Borg Gáis Energy Theatre in Dublin.
- Performed in Vicar Street, Whelan’s, Monroe’s and Cyprus Avenue around Ireland.